Who are we?
We’re a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, techy types, creative types, analysts and marketers. Each of us contributes something unique and together we form a team that believe that nothing is impossible and we want to be able to leverage our combined talents to help our clients believe what we believe. We want to give life to your ideas, we believe we can!
What do I benefit?
The mobile applications sector is booming and we want you to know that you don’t have to be a developer or a techy to benefit. The phone or tablet that you bought is your investment in this tech boom and your ideas on how best to use those devices could be your ticket to success. If your idea is bankable, we can help you make money. There are lots of ways for Apps to make money, from advertising to paid downloads to inn-app transactions. Let us sweat the details – all you have to do is to share your idea as best you can.
What about the legal stuff? Will you steal my idea?
We promise not to steal your ideas and we promise to be as transparent as possible in all that we do. Promises, however, are easy to make and easy to break. The beauty of the Internet is that there is no place to hide and rip-off artists are easily branded as such in blogs, social-media and other outlets. So whilst we’ll enter into agreements using documents with terms and conditions that are legit and enforceable, the real security comes from the knowledge that we’re all open for scrutiny on the Internet. If we are to rip you off, we can’t sustain our business because word will get around and nobody will share any ideas with us after that,
What are the steps?
- You submit your Smart Idea for an APP via the form on the website or via the Smart Idea App that you downloaded. The process of submitting your idea, locks us (you and the Smart Idea shop folk) in a confidential agreement that prevents us from developing the idea further until we’ve got to Step 3 (below)
- We will study your Smart Idea and come back to you within 5 working days with additional questions and suggested next steps. This process will continue for no more than three weeks, as we refine your idea, research the potential and develop a revenue model, if we think it’s a winner. If we don’t think we can help you, or if that idea doesn’t have commercial potential we will tell you that so that we don’t waste each other’s time.
- If we have a potential winner, we will give you a document to read and sign. This document will give us the right to develop and market the app and give your 25% of the revenue in the first year, 20% of the revenue in the second year and 15% of the revenue for the third year. If you’re keen to understand the revenue potential, click here to download a presentation.
- If you want to make more money than that, then we can switch to a paid model where you pay us to develop your idea and you can then sell it to whomever you like for any amount that you want.
- Either way, the conclusion of Step 3, takes your Smart Idea to the development stage and at that point we (you and the Smart Idea Shop folk) are both locked in an exclusive partnership for the development of that Smart Idea.
- We go to market and sit back to hear the cash register ring.
How long do you take to build an app?
Trust us, if we’re developing your Smart Idea then we’re just as excited about your idea and we want to make money off it as much as you do. It’s in both of our interest to move quickly. Typically, most app will take between one and two months to go from app to working prototype… and another month or two for release, depending on the complexity.
Will you keep me posted?
Yes. You will receive a project plan and we will inform you if that plan changes.